We all love a little more color in our gardens in the fall and what better way to add some color than to add some edible flowers… that’s right, EDIBLE FLOWERS!!!
This is a great time of year to plant a garden that tastes as good as it looks!
CAUTION: Not all flowers are edible and not all flowers are grow to eat so BE CAREFULL… only eat from trusted sources that grow them in the same way they grow vegetables. When in doubt, don’t eat it! And if you do, focus only on the ones listed on our Edible Flower Guide available for Free at Agriscaping.com
OK, Here are my 5 Favorite Edible Flowers for Fall and how you can use them!
5 Best Edible Flowers for Fall:
1. Dianthus: Peppery addition to a great salad or garnish to your favorite meal.
2. Petunias: stick with the lighter colors for a smooth, sweet addition to your salads, sandwiches, and side-dishes.
3. Hybiscus: Make a BLOOMING BOWL OF SALAD, of blend in with your favorite lemonade or limeade to create a “southwest lemonade” like you can get a Café Rio
4. Viola: Tiny, Sweet addition to salads, cold soups, ice-cream topper, and more…
5. Pansy: a FARM-acy favorite that makes a great addition to any salad, sandwich, or cake! And this one has a surprise benefit… it also helps support your immune system for all those will allergies with some natural antihistamines.
Check out Agriscaping.com to get our Edible Flower Guide to add a few more awesome edible flowers to your garden for a yard that tastes as good as it looks and find out more about our free local classes. To find out what webinars or live classes are available for free click here!