5 Awesome Plants that help you Grow Your Own HEALTH this fall!
It’s time to start Growing your Own Health with these 5 awesome, edible plants you can grow in your garden! These 5 plants are anchors in what Justin Calls his “Personal FARMACY with a capital “F”! This is a GREAT time of year to plant a garden the TASTES as good as it looks!
CAUTION: We live a healthy life, but we are not health professionals… Justin's tips today reflect his own experience and his own growing methods. Please consult your trusted physician or health care provider before making any major shifts in your diet and ONLY eat these awesome plants from trusted sources that grow them in the same way they grow vegetables. When in doubt, don’t eat it! And if you do, focus only on the ones listed on our Edible Flower Guide available for Free at Agriscaping.com.
Top 5 additions to your Personal FARMACY This fall:
1. Society Garlic: This is a peppery addition to a great salad or as a garnish with your favorite meal. It’s actually an African herb used historically to treat some infectious diseases, which is due to an antimicrobial potential of the herb.
2. Thyme: We all need more Thyme right! Beyond the aesthetics, which are awesome on the ground, it’s first great for aromatherapy! The Carvacrol improves your mood! Also, this one helps to ease and even heal sore-throats…. It’s a time-honored natural anti-bacterial and natural remedy for bronchitis.
3. Yerba Mansa: This root is an ancient and effective remedy for clearing sinuses and supporting the natural immune system when it is dried, ground and used in a tea. It is planted like an iris but grows like strawberries. This is a great addition to moisten shady spots in the yard!
4. Peppermint: This is used as a fever reducer, digestive support, helps to soothe irritable bowel syndrome and has antimicrobial properties for support. Peppermint also makes a great tea and can be used for so much more!
5. Pansy: a FARM-acy favorite that makes a great addition to any salad, sandwich, or cake! And this one has a surprise benefit… it also helps support your immune system and is great to help all those with allergies. Pansies are full of natural antihistamines.
Start growing your own Farmacy today, start with these excellent choices and be sure to get our Edible Flower Guide for FREE online at agriscaping.com to learn more about what flowers you can not only grow but which ones you can eat!